1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Statistics Report: Estimates of Diabetes and Its Burden in the United States, 2014. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2014
2. Geller AI, Shehab N, Lovegrove MC, et al. National estimates of insulin-related hypoglycemia and errors leading to emergency department visits and hospitalizations. JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174(5): 678-686.
3. Quillium BJ, Simeone JC, Ozbay AB, Kogut SJ. The incidence and costs of hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes. Am J Manag Care. 2011; 17(10): 673-80.
4. Bronstone A, Graham C. The potential cost implications of averting severe hypoglycemic events requiring hospitalization in high-risk adults with type 1 diabetes using real-time continuous glucose monitoring. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2016; 10(4): 905-913.
5. Vigersky RA. The benefits, limitations, and cost-effectiveness of advanced technologies in the management of patients with diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2015; 9(2): 320-330.